Yes, it's that time again. The Payson Town Council is putting together the annual Corporate Strategic Plan as we begin planning for next year's budget. The first CSP meeting has been set for Oct. 12.
Your mayor and council are trying to encourage more public involvement in the corporate strategic planning process. However, because of the concentrated nature of the effort, there is simply not time during the actual development of the plan for public comment. So this year, the town is providing an extended opportunity for the public to provide input. We are devoting a Saturday, Sept, 11, Town Hall forum entirely to the corporate strategic plan.
Although the CSP has been covered in the Payson Roundup before, here is an outline to help you get ready for the Sept. 11 forum. The current CSP, the 2004/2005 version, is divided into 10 major areas of emphasis known as Key Result Areas:
- ommunication, which includes such objectives as enhancing intergovernmental relations, conducting quarterly open forums and expanding TV programming;
- ater resource management, which contains objectives for developing new water resources and promoting conservation;
- nvironmental protection, which deals with air quality, solid waste disposal and protecting natural resources;
- ommunity Development, which includes economic development, regional planning and housing;
- ransportation and drainage, including street and drainage improvements, public transportation, and airport;
- arks, recreation and library, including event center, multi-generational center and trails master plan;
- ire protection and emergency medical services;
- olice and 911 services;
- rganizational development, which includes employee evaluation, training, compensation and benefits;
- iscal strategies, which includes improving revenue generation and spending practices, and financial trend monitoring.
A complete copy of the current CSP is available at town hall for review in preparation for the Sept. 11 forum.
If you have comments about this year's plan or suggestions regarding what should or should not be included as we develop the 2005/2006 plan, you can bring them to the forum, which will be held in the council chambers from 9 a.m. to noon. The forum will begin with an overview of the 2004/2005 plan as a warmup. Refreshments will be served.
For more information, call Payson Town Hall at (928) 474-5251.