What's Up?


Q: Who do we contact to report a vehicle registration violation? There are people who have lived here for years and are still registering vehicles in another state.

A: The Arizona Department of Transportation's Motor Vehicles Division has a registration hotline available to report registration violations, (800) 657-4322, according to Cydney DeModica, community relations representative for ADOT. She said anyone who has lived in Arizona for a total of seven months must register their vehicle with the state. Students paying out-of-state tuition are the exception.

Q: Is anything being done to control the mosquito population in the drainage ditch along Payson Parkway and around Green Valley Park?

A: The Payson Public Works Department treats areas of standing water on town property, such as the drainage ditch and the park, with mosquito control pellets, according to Public Works Engineer LaRon Garrett. But most of the mosquito control is handled by the county, he said.

Call 474-5251, ext. 147, to reach Roundup's What's Up? line. Leave your question on the answering machine and we'll try to find the answer.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.