What's Up?


Q: Who do people call about missing dogs?

A: According to the Payson Police Department, the first call should be made to the Payson Humane Society to see if the dog has been turned in. The society's number is (928) 474-5590, the hours are 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m, Monday through Saturday, and starting Oct. 4, the shelter will be open until 6 p.m. on Mondays. Someone who has lost a dog can also call the PPD and leave a message for the animal control officer to watch for their pet, if it was lost within the town limits; if it was lost outside the limits, the call should be made to Gila County's animal control officer. The PPD non-emergency number is (928) 474-5177. To reach the county's animal control officer, call the health services office, (928) 474-1210.

Call 474-5251, ext. 147, to reach Roundup's What's Up? line. Leave your question on the answering machine and we'll try to find the answer.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.