Payson's Powell House, a licensed assisted-living facility, offers senior citizens and disabled adults an option that combines both care and independence.
The staff recognizes and respects the individuality of the clients, director Doreen Mandel said.
"The services are designed to support independence and clients' personal choices influence the care they receive."
Powell House provides a home-like setting with both private, locking apartments that include individual temperature controls, kitchenettes and complete bathrooms, and studio or one-bedroom apartments that accommodate walkers and wheelchairs.
Various levels of care are available to the residents, from the basics to more frequent support, and care or services for special needs.
The amenities of the Powell House include:
- Three homemade meals served daily in the dining room;
- Housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and 24-hour security services;
- Access for private telephones and cable service;
- Activities planned around clients' interests;
- A beauty shop;
- A fireplace and enclosed courtyard with covered patio;
- Access to transportation;
- A whirlpool bath;
- Resident laundry facilities; and
- Pets are welcome.
Powell House is at 806 W. Longhorn Road.
For more information, call (928) 474-6249.