Women and veterans interested in learning how to start and operate a small business are invited to a free seminar.
The program, "Looking for Small Business Opportunities," is from 9 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, Feb. 1 at Gila Community College, Room 301.
The free program will cover:
- Resources from the Gila Community College Small Business Development Center
- SCORE, Counselors to America's Small Business
- Small Business Loans and Resources from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Business Plans
- Free Small Business Online Training
- Doing Business with the Federal Government
The seminar is by the Rim Country Regional Chamber of Commerce, Gila Community College Small Business Development Center and the Arizona District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Speakers will include, Arlene M. Birkowski, Small Business Administration; James Pipper, Veterans' Business Development Officer; and a representative from SCORE, the national organizations of retired business executives, who help guide small businesses.
The registration deadline is Friday, Jan. 28. Seating is limited. Interested persons may register by phone, e-mail or fax. For more information, call (928) 468-8039. The e-mail address is Arizona@sba.gov, and the fax number is (928) 468-8043.