The Payson Roundup earned top honors at the Excellence in Advertising Awards presented May 6 in Tucson by the Arizona Newspapers Association.
"I'm really proud of the staff both in advertising and in production," said Publisher Richard Haddad. "I'm often amazed at the quality of work this staff produces for such a small team."
The first place General Excellence Award for circulation 3,500-10,000 went to the Payson Roundup.
The Roundup also garnered:
- Second place Best Black and White Ad
- First place Best Classified Promotion
- First place Best Classified Section
- First place Best Color Ad
- Third place Best Newspaper Promo Ad
- First place Pro Bono Public Service
- First place Best Special Section
- First place Best Web Site Banner Ad
- First place Paid Ad Series Black and White
With the successful showing in this competition, the Roundup is eligible for the 2005 Arizona Newspaper of the Year award for non-dailies, to be announced in September. The Roundup has been named Arizona Newspaper of the Year for the past six years.