Low-cost spay and neuter surgeries will again be offered in Payson by the Arizona Humane Society's mobile clinic. The clinic will be held for three days-Tuesday, Sept. 13 through Thursday, Sept. 15 in the Bashas' parking lot.
Jiffy Lube is providing discount coupons for services to each pet owner who gets their animal spayed or neutered.
Surgery fees are: male and female cats $25, male dogs $45, female dogs $55-$65. In-heat, pregnant, crypt-orchid and large breeds may not be accepted. If they are, additional fees may apply. Vaccinations and other services will be available to surgery patients at an additional low cost.
Spay and neuter surgeries will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Surgery check-in will begin at 7 a.m. Surgery space is limited, so arriving early is a good idea.
The following requirements must be met for your pet to be spayed or neutered:
- Dogs must be on a leash and cats in carriers or pillowcases.
- All pets must have fasted (no food) for 12 hours prior to surgery.
- All pets must be at least 2 months old, less than 5 years old and weigh at least 2.5 pounds.
- No more than two pets per household per day, unless vacancy allows.
- Pets will go home the same day as surgery and owners must be prepared to pick up their pets at the designated time.
- Pets must be kept indoors after surgery.
For more information, call the Payson Humane Society at (928) 474-5590.