What's Up


Q: Does the town have an ordinance regarding homeowners cutting down large ponderosa pines that are alive and well? Are there any consequences?

A: "Yes, they have to get a tree permit if the pine is over 6 inches in diameter at 4.5 feet high," said Shiela Boerst, town planning specialist. "If they have an active building permit and we have that building permit on file they are allowed to clear the trees which are inside the building envelope plus 5 feet around that."

To make a complaint, one can call the town of Payson Building and Zoning office at 474-5242 ext. 1. They prefer to get a name in case it goes to court.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.