Blaze Burns Two Trailers, Shed

Advertisement

On Saturday, April 15, Tonto Basin Fire District units responded to a residential trailer fire at 198 W. Double 8 Road.

Several structures were engulfed in flames when the firefighters arrived.

Two engines, two tenders, one brush truck, one ambulance and a utility vehicle were used to put out the blaze. Eleven Tonto Basin Fire District personnel responded and the Forest Service provided mutual aid.

As the fire grew, firefighters kept an eye on a propane tank with 300 gallons of propane, along with a power line that had gone down across the property, said Fire Chief Steven Holt.

Utility companies soon responded to the scene.

Two trailers and a small shed were lost. The fire was contained to the immediate site. The owner was treated at the scene and had no severe injuries.

The fire was caused by a space heater that ignited house paint fumes while the owner was painting the walls inside.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.