What's Up?


Q: How many days does a person have to change a driver's license after moving to Arizona?

A: State statute requires that a person moving to Arizona from out of state must notify the motor vehicle department right away. There is no grace period for changing a driver's license, or registering and titling a vehicle.

The folks at the department of motor vehicles said most people don't know this and are often surprised when they get pulled over by an officer.

If a person is moving from within Arizona, they have 10 days to notify the state of their new address.

For more information, you can pick up a free copy of the Arizona driver manual at the Payson motor vehicle office, 200 W. Frontier St., Suite Q. Or visit www.servicearizona.com.

Call 474-5251, ext. 147, to reach Roundup's What's Up? line. Leave your question on the answering machine and we'll try to find the answer.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.