The Firebelles Brats and Bake sale was a total success. According to Treasurer George Ahlmann, they were able to make a total of $576 on Saturday, and an additional $52 from the ice cream sales on Sunday at the homeowners meeting, for a total of $628.
Thanks to everyone who helped with this event. Special thanks to Jack Kalmar and Dave Ezzell for cooking a mean bratwurst. Thanks to everyone who baked goodies for the bake sale and all of you who spent time at the fire hall helping.
The Christopher Creek Homeowners meeting was Sunday at the fire hall. They had a great turnout for the meeting. Gary Anderson has agreed to take over as president until around October when they can elect a new president.
Sam and Caren Seay presented a fire and fuel reduction program for residents and Caren has information on how we go about getting funding for fuel reduction, which will be in the next Homeowners Newsletter.
Cameron Vaughan, the new owner of Tree Pro, was on hand for the Fire Expo and the Homeowners meeting. He stressed that if communities would get together they would be able to do a price reduction on cleaning up the entire community.
Cline Trebble was introduced as our new Fire Board member.
There will be information in July about the takeover of the water company and hopefully some news on the Creekside development.
Residents of Christopher Creek celebrating a birthday in June: (June 1) Susan Rhodes, (June 4) Sandra Coolidge, (June 5) Terry Diehl, (June 12) Power Webb and Vicki Grootegoed, (June 13) Michael Hannun, (June 18) Louise Reynolds, (June 23) Jack Kalmar, (June 24) Nancy Olson and Don McDaniels, (June 27) Elvera Jones, and (June 30) Scotty Van Eckhoutte.
Wishing all of you a Happy Birthday.
If you would like to see something in my column, you will need to get it to me by Tuesday before that Friday, and if you have a birthday or special occasion coming up you can e-mail me at marazza@cybertrails. com.
Remember, it is extremely dry outside, and fire restrictions are still in effect.
Report any fires you see, and safely dispose of your cigarette butts.