Low-cost spay/neuter surgeries will be offered again in Payson by the Arizona Humane Society's mobile clinic.
The clinic will be held for three days, from Tuesday, June 6 through Thursday, June 8, in the Bashas' parking lot.
Surgery fees are as follows: Male cats, $25; female cats, $40; male dogs, $45-$75; female dogs, $55-$85. In-heat, pregnant, crypt-orchid and large breeds may not be accepted. If accepted, additional fees will apply. Vaccinations and other services will be available to surgery patients at an additional low-cost fee. Spay/neuter surgeries will be given on a first come, first served basis. Surgery check-in will begin by 7 a.m. Surgery space is limited. Arrive early. The following requirements must be met for a pet to be spayed or neutered:
- Dogs must be on a leash and cats in carriers or pillowcases.
- All pets must have fasted (no food) for 12 hours prior to surgery.
- All pets must be at least 2 months old, under 5 years of age, and weigh a minimum of 2.5 pounds.
- No more than two pets per household per day, unless vacancy allows.
- Pets will go home the same day as surgery. Owners should be prepared to pick up their pets at the designated time.
- Pets must be kept indoors after surgery.
Call (928) 474-5590.