Register and pick up bags for this summer's reading program titled "Paws, Claws, Scales and Tales" at the Payson Public Library.
Young readers must sign up each time for an In-house Activity, as class size is limited to 75 children. You may only sign up for one activity day at a time -- the week prior to the activity. No walk-ins will be admitted. In-House Activities are held on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and will run for about one hour. There are three sessions: Wednesday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.; Wednesday 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; and Thursday 1 to 2 p.m. Sessions will begin promptly. A door prize will be drawn (two per session) each week for those children who arrived on time.
- June 21 and 22: In House Activities: "Taking Care of Pets" Skit: "A Fish Out of Water"; Craft: Animal bookmarks; Game: Balloon Juggling Fun.
- June 28 and 29: In-house Activities: "What Kind of Pet For Me?" Skit: "The Invisible Dog"; Craft: Create-A-Pet; Game: The Chicken Dance.
- July 5 and 6: In-house Activities: Service Animals: Skit: "The Very Hungry Dog"; Craft Super Hero Capes for Stuffed Animals; Game: Dog Bath Relay;
- July 5: Guest speaker Young Author Defelice.
- July 12: In-house Activities: Wild and Wacky Animals: Skit: "Pet for Charlie" (sign language); Craft Photo frames; Game: Foam Ball Free For All.
Special activities (requires special sign-up):
- June 21: Marny and Pet Pal from Humane Society, 10:45 to 11:15 a.m.
- June 28: Movie: "Madagascar," from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
- July 5: Officer Barr and Kodiak of the K9 Unit, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- July 12: Two Lovable Llamas, 2 to 3 p.m.
- July 19: Summer Reading Awards Ceremony Picnic. Hot dogs will be served from 11 to 11:45 a.m.*
- Subject to change.