Southwest Behavioral Health Services' Rim Guidance Center is coordinating a Volunteer Fair from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, June 24 in the old gym building at Payson High School.
Volunteer opportunities are available with a number of agencies and organizations.
Not only does the volunteer work provide something to do, it is also an opportunity to meet new people and learn new things, according to Darlene Duncan, community liaison for Rim Guidance.
More than 20 area agencies and organizations will be participating in the Volunteer Fair on Saturday.
Among the participants are:
- Time Out Shelter
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Southwest Behavioral Health/Rim Guidance
- Gila County Sheriff's Office
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Payson Unified School District
- RTA Hospice
- Payson Care
- Payson Police Department
- Gila County Attorney's Office
- Humanitarian Emergency Logistics & Preparedness
- Arizona Children's Association
- Payson Community Kids
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Rim Country Regional Chamber of Commerce
- American Red Cross
- Payson Regional Medical Center Senior Circle
- Rim Country Literacy
- Pinal/Gila Area Agency on Aging
- Optimist Club
- Pinal Gila Council for Senior Citizens
- Payson Area Habitat for Humanity
- Mogollon Health Alliance
The Mogollon Health Alliance has sponsored a Volunteer Fair in the fall for a number of years.
Duncan said it was suggested by Jeff Gray, director of Southwest Behavioral Health Services/Rim Guidance Center, that it would be good to have another such event in the summer.
"We decided to do it, but we are working without funding," Duncan said. "The school district was good enough to let us use the old gym for free, but everything else will need to be supplied by the participants."
She added that GCSO will have information on job opportunities at its booth, as well as volunteer material.
For more information, call Rim Guidance at (928) 468-8055, ext. 3801, 3804 or 3809.