JB Contracting has finished the repair on the first crossing into Geronimo Estates and the concrete will be dry enough for FSR458 to reopen on May 19. Thanks to all who have safely used the very rough detour during the repair.
The Arizona Corporation Commission has handed down the following orders for the Payson Water Company to put into effect immediately. (These orders have been shortened for space considerations, but can be read in their entirety by contacting the Commission.)
1. It is ordered that Payson Water Co. Inc. is authorized to provide a service connection to the Whispering Pines Fire District and to eight additional customers in the Geronimo Estates and Elusive Acres subdivisions as part of the Geronimo System.
2. It is further ordered that new connections shall be honored in the order that is approved by staff, subject to the new customers obtaining a building permit from Gila County within 90 days for a permanent residential dwelling unit.
3. It is further ordered that Payson Water Co. Inc. is directed to continue to conduct a system monitoring exercise through September 2006 and submit the following data based on that study: Monthly static water levels from both wells; number of gallons pumped per month; number of gallons sold per month; and number of active and inactive connections per month.
4. It is further ordered that no additional new service connections shall be permitted on the Geronimo System until the data is received and reviewed by staff, and an order is issued by the Commission allowing additional service connections, unless otherwise ordered by the Commission.
5. It is further ordered that Payson Water Co. Inc. shall immediately begin searching for new water sources for its Geronimo System and shall submit a report no later than Dec. 31, 2006, including supporting documentation, addressing, at a minimum.
We wish to give a special thanks to Harry Jones for his untiring efforts in bringing about these changes and representing the Whispering Pines Fire District as well as the Property Owners in Geronimo Estates and Elusive Acres.
The Geronimo Property Owners meeting for Memorial Day weekend will be at Station 73 on Paint Pony Drive Saturday, May 27. The potluck will begin at 9:30 a.m. followed by a meeting at 10 a.m. New officers will be elected. Please bring food and chairs.
The Whispering Pines Fire Auxiliary will have a book and bake sale beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 27.
The Whispering Pines Neighborhood Association will have their Memorial Day weekend meeting at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 27 at Station 71.
The Family Movie Night at Station 71 will be at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 20. The movie will be "Love's Long Journey," the third sequel by best selling author Janette Oke.
The next time that Chase Creek Brush Pit will be open is Sunday, May 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. No trash, please. Only brush will be allowed.
The next Pancake Breakfast will be at Station 71 from 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday, June 10.
The next Auxiliary meeting will be at Janet Weber's home at 1:30 p.m. Monday, June 12.
Whispering Pines Fire District
We are in Extreme wildfire danger. Please, no open fires or charcoal. If you see anyone burning, please call 911.
The next Fire Board meeting will be at Station 71 at 7 p.m. June 14. Everyone is invited.
This year's Fourth of July Parade will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 1. There will be a barbeque at Station 71 afterward.
Now is the time to start thinking about your parade entry.