All citizens are invited to join with friends and neighbors to commemorate those who have defended, and continue to defend, the standards and values upon which our country was founded and renew our resolve in support of our American way of life.
The Town of Payson proudly presents Veterans Day 2006.
"America's Veterans: Past, Present and Future" will be presented at the Payson High School Auditorium and is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 11.
The program will include:
- Welcoming remarks.
- A Presentation of the Colors by the Civil Air Patrol Cadets.
- An Invocation presented by Father Lowell Andrews of the Holy Nativity Church of Payson.
- An address by the Mayor of Payson.
- A series of moving tributes presented by the students of the Payson High School Drama Department, under the direction of Kathy Siler. The tributes will include:
• Revolutionary War.
• Civil War.
• Korean War.
• Vietnam War.
• Gulf War.
• And a special tribute, "Pass the
• Torch of Liberty."
- A patriotic medley of service hymns.
- A benediction and moment of silent reflection.
- Singing of "Amazing Grace"
- A bugle tribute of TAPS.
- Closing remarks.
Nov. 11 has been proclaimed as a time to honor our veterans, past and present. Join with your fellow citizens to honor our veterans on this patriotic occasion and to re-dedicate ourselves to the principles and values for which they fought, and are continuing to fight, to defend and preserve our precious freedoms.
"In God We Trust!"
You are urged to participate by attending and donating a small slice of your time to those who gave so much!
For more information contact Col. Bill Sahno, USMC (Ret.) Chairman, Payson Patriotic Events Committee at (928) 472-6617.