What's Up?


Q: Will the fire department burn firebreak-type wood at a private home if people can't get rid of it any other way?

A: No. A service the fire department does perform is to go out in cooperation with the Arizona State Lands to make Fire Wise recommendations to homeowners, telling them how they can make their homes and property safe with respect to wildland fire. But it is the homeowners' responsibility to clean up their properties and dispose of whatever they do cut so they do not have a fire hazard on the ground.

Contact the Toby Waugh at the Payson Fire Department for a Fire Wise inspection.

Call 474-5251, ext. 147, to reach Roundup's What's Up? line. Leave your question on the answering machine and we'll try to find the answer.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.