Low-cost spay/neuter surgeries will again be offered in Payson by the Arizona Humane Society's mobile clinic.
The clinic will be held for three days -- Tuesday, Sept. 19 through Thursday, Sept. 21 -- in the Bashas' parking lot.
Surgery fees are as follows: male cats $25, female cats $40, male dogs $45-$75, female dogs $55-$85. In-heat, pregnant, crypt-orchid and large breeds may not be accepted; if accepted, additional fees will apply.
Vaccinations and other services will be available to surgery patients at an additional low-cost fee.
Spay/neuter surgeries will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Surgery check-in will begin by 7 a.m. Surgery space is limited; please arrive early.
The following requirements must be met for your pet to be spayed or neutered:
- Dogs must be on a leash and cats in carriers or pillowcases
- All pets must have fasted (no food) for 12 hours prior to surgery
- All pets must be at least 2 months old, under 5 years of age, and weigh a minimum of 2-1/2 pounds.
- No more than 2 pets per household per day, unless vacancy allows
- Pets will go home the same day as surgery; owners should be prepared to pick up their pets at the designated time
- Pets must be kept indoors after surgery
For further details, call the Payson Humane Society at (928) 474-5590.
To learn more about Payson Humane Society, please visit their Web site at www.paysonhumanesociety.com.