The Rotary Club of Payson would like to thank all that helped with and supported this years "School District & Teacher's Appreciation Barbecue." It was held Aug. 23 for all Payson Unified School District employees and their families as a way to say thanks for all the work they do on behalf of the education of our youth.
We would like to thank Dan Dillon from Safeway, Steve Perry from Pepsi, Pioneer Title, Meg Turlukis, and the members of The Rotary Club of Payson for making this event possible.
We extend our congratulations to the winners of the Rotary Club of Payson's "2006 Educational Grant Awards." The list of recipients of the Rotary Club of Payson's educational grants and the items that were awarded were:
- Julie Eckhardt -- Librarian at Julia Randall Elementary -- Nonfiction library books on CDs.
- Barbara Toma -- Science teacher at Rim Country Middle School -- Books, materials and scientific models that correlate to her curriculum.
- Barbara Quinlan -- Science teacher at Rim Country Middle School -- Atomic model sets dealing with atoms, elements and ions.
- Brenda Ortlund -- Speech language pathologist at Frontier Elementary School -- Grammar games, language cards, vocabulary games and books and CDs.
- Eileen Lawson -- Librarian at Frontier Elementary School -- Books on CDs, paperback novels and teacher's guide.
- Barbara Potvin -- Librarian at Rim Country Middle School -- Books on CDs, paperback novels and teacher's guide.
And we would like to extend our special congratulations to Carmelita Locke of Frontier Elementary School as Teacher of the Year who was awarded a grant of $500, which she will use for a class field trip.
Again, thanks to all that support education in our community.
Cliff Potts, President, Payson Rotary Club