M.G. Bill Williams, of Pine, died July 27, 2007. He was born March 31, 1928 in Vilonia, Ark.
He moved to the Phoenix area of Arizona in 1935. He entered the U.S. Army in 1946 in ordinance, later into medics. He served in Germany during the occupation after the war, from April 1946 to Dec. 1948 and was honorably discharged in September 1949.
He married Joan in Sept. 1950, had two children, Steven Williams and a baby girl both who died as infants. He adopted Marty Williams and Jan Williams.
In 1957, he started his own business as a refrigeration contractor, doing commercial work. Before retiring in 1987, he worked mostly for the Original Food City Market in Phoenix. In the 1970s, he bought property in Pine and built a home there over the years, moving there in October 1989.
He was a member of the First Southern Baptist Church on Randall Place in Pine.
Mr. Williams is survived by his son, Martin "Marty" Williams and daughter-in-law Lisa Williams, two grandchildren, Justin and Shelby Williams, brothers Pete Williams of Cottonwood, Vince Williams and George Jensen; sisters, Jane Parker, Lodema MaGill of Phoenix, Pauline Goodin of Maryville, Tenn. and Pam Cline of York, S.C.; as well as many beloved nieces, nephews, several cousins and many friends.
He was preceded in death by two infant children, a daughter Jan, sister Willa Myers, brother Jim Williams and his parents.
Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 4 at the Church on Randall Place in Pine. Interment to follow at Mountain Meadows Cemetery in Payson.