- Stupid people proudly step forward and identify themselves. They self-select.
- Smart people read the Roundup to read compelling articles and letters. Stupid people only read the Roundup to find something to complain about.
- Wise people research history and read original sources. Fools simply watch Fox News and never check the facts.
- Wise people know that education costs money. Fools think that the future generation is somebody else's problem.
- Wise people protect the Earth, knowing that we have only one planet on which to live. Fools have no concern for the consequences of their actions.
- The wise make time to do things right the first time. Fools never have time to do it right the first time, but somehow find the time to do it over again... and again... and again.
- Associate with wise people, and distance yourself from people who always seem to be screwing up their life with bad decisions. You can't fix them anyway.
- Seek and accept sound advice, even when it's uncomfortable, negative or embarrassing.
- Watch the "Jerry Springer" show, pen and paper in hand. Write down every mannerism, expression, motive and impulse you observe, and... expunge those habits from your life. And then... don't ever watch "Jerry Springer" again, or hang out in places like the local Laundromat where it's on all the time.