There is no cover charge for this year's rodeo dances at the newly remodeled Mazatzal Casino.
Jadi Norris, a veteran of the Tucson music scene and his band will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Friday and Saturday nights. The music is country and rock.
Diners can enjoy a rodeo special of barbecued ribs and half a roast chicken with corn on the cob, baked potato and cowboy beans, plus a trip to the salad bar at Cedar Ridge Restaurant from 4 to 10 p.m. Friday and 2 to 10 p.m. Saturday.
Mazatzal Casino is located at the traffic light just south of Payson.
Other music to tap your boots to will be available around town:
Kelly's Sweet Revenge Saloon, 3856 E. Highway 260, Star Valley
- Coors and Black Velvet drink specials all night, Saturday.
- 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 18: Bella Union
Oxbow Saloon, 607 W. Main St., Payson
- 9 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 16: Rage-N-River
- 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Friday, Aug. 17 and Saturday, Aug. 18: Nathan Dean and Rage-N-River
- 1 to 5 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 19: Rage-N-River
Buffalo Bar and Grill, 311 S. Beeline, Payson
- 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 18: The John Scott Band
Mogollon Steak House, 7783 Ralls Dr., Strawberry
- 6 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 18: Whitewater
Zane Grey Saloon, Kohl's Ranch, (928) 478-4211
8 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 18: Cindy and Lupe