The Rim Country Detachment 928 of the Marine Corps League is now operating the flag program -- placing U.S. flags at participating businesses on special days from Sept. 1 through Aug. 30.
The league will place a flag at a business on the following days:
- Labor Day, first Monday in September
- Patriot Day, Sept. 11
- POW-MIA Memorial Day, third Friday in September
- Columbus Day, second Monday in October
- Veterans Day, Nov. 11
- Pearl Harbor Day, Dec. 7
- New Year's Day, Jan. 1
- Presidents Day, third Monday in February
- Loyalty Day, May 1
- Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May
- Memorial Day, May 30
- Flag Day, June 14
- Pioneer Day, fourth Monday in July
The league will provide a 3-foot-by-5-foot U.S. flag at businesses in both Payson and Star Valley for a fee of $50 per year.
Flags will not be displayed in inclement weather. Placement will take place by 8 a.m. and the flags will be removed before sundown.
For more information about the flag placement program, contact Bill Sahno, (928) 472-6617; Michael Paslay, (928) 301-0158; or Richard Roy, (928) 474-9559.