Chimney Fire

Advertisement

The Payson Fire Department responded to a chimney fire at a home in the 600 block of South Oak Street near Julia Randall Elementary School Monday morning.

The fire, reported just before 7 a.m., was the result of buildup inside the chimney.

"That's something that just goes along with burning wood in wood stoves and fireplaces," said Fire Captain Dan Bramble. "It's a good idea to have your chimney inspected regularly, especially during peak use."

Bramble said there are a number of chimney sweep companies in the Payson area that offer professional fire safety inspections.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.