Low-cost spay/neuter surgeries will be offered in Payson by the Arizona Humane Society's mobile clinic. The clinic will be held for three days --Tuesday, June 19 through Thursday, June 21, in the Bashas' parking lot.
Surgery fees are as follows: male cats $30, female cats $45, male dogs $50-80, female dogs $60-90. In-heat, pregnant, crypt-orchid and large breeds may not be accepted; if accepted, additional fees will apply. Vaccinations and other services will be available to surgery patients at an additional low-cost fee.
Spay/neuter surgeries will be on a first come, first served basis. Surgery check-in will begin by 7 a.m. Surgery space is limited.
The following requirements must be met for your pet to be spayed or neutered:
- Dogs must be on a leash and cats in carriers or pillowcases.
- All pets must have fasted (no food) for 12 hours prior to surgery.
- All pets must be at least 2 months old, under 5 years of age, and weigh a minimum of 2-1/2 pounds.
- No more than two pets per household per day, unless vacancy allows.
- Pets will go home the same day as surgery; owners should be prepared to pick up their pets at the designated time.
- Pets must be kept indoors after surgery.
The Payson Humane is also offering special spay-neuter assistance programs to help pet owners defray the cost of the surgery. For further details, please call the Payson Humane Society at (928) 474-5590.
To learn more about Payson Humane Society, visit their website at www.paysonhumanesociety.com.