Payson Area Habitat for Humanity (PAHH) is opening a new application period for Phase II of the Longhorn Village Project from June 1 to Nov. 30, 2007. Habitat for Humanity's mission is to provide decent, affordable and healthy housing to those living in inadequate or substandard conditions and whose incomes do not qualify for conventional financing. The following is a list of basic qualifications to make application:
- Reside in substandard housing
- Lived in the Payson High School attendance area for 12 months
- Have a steady income between $13,200-$18,000 - 2 bedrooms or $15,500-$24,000 - 3 bedrooms.
- Have a family size suitable for either a 2 or 3 bedroom unit
- Have an acceptable credit rating
- Have an acceptable background check
- Grant permission for a home visit
- Be willing to contribute 300-500 hours of "sweat equity"
- Be able to pay move-in costs of approximately $2,200
- Have proof of permanent United States residency
If you are interested in applying, you can contact the PAHH office (928) 474-0330 or Lois English at (928) 468-8512 for an application. Application workshops will be offered in July and August.