What's Up?


Q: Who do I contact about animal control issues during the weekend?

A: Although Payson Police Department's Animal Control Officer does not work on weekends, the police will respond to complaints, depending on call priority and the nature of the complaint. For emergency situations, such as an animal bite, you can also call the Gila County Health Department at 928-474-1210.

Q: What are the steps for hiring a new teacher?

A: 1. Advertise the position.

2. Screen applicants for the position.

3. Conduct interviews.

4. Send a recommendation for hire to the Payson School Board.

5. Payson School Board must approve new hire.

An exception might be an employee within the district, transferring schools.

"In my understanding, everything was done following policy," said Payson Unified School District Superintendent Casey O'Brien, in reference to the hiring of his wife for a teaching position.

Call 474-5251, ext. 147, to reach Roundup's What's Up? line. Leave your question on the answering machine and we'll try to find the answer.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.