Payson Unified School district's governing board approved the consent agenda at their Oct. 15 meeting.
"The board approved a districtwide pay for performance plan for teachers," superintendent Casey O'Brien said.
The consent agenda also included travel requests for student activities:
- National Future Farmers of America convention. The trip is funded by a Northern Arizona Vocational Institute of Technology (NAVIT) grant.
- Junior High Honor Music Festival. The trip is funded by band and choir clubs, Credit for Kids money and the students.
- Arizona Thespian Conference. This trip is funded by the Fan Club.
"The Ox-Bow Incident," by Walter Van Tilburg Clark, was approved by the board as a textbook.
Donated items were accepted, including:
- computer equipment from residents
- a $200 donation to the high school's visual arts program from Safeway
- a kiln with accessories from Ann Crozier
- Julia Randall and Payson Elementary schools received Smart Boards worth $5,615.58, as part of a Microsoft settlement agreement to Arizona schools
Items on the general agenda:
"The board also approved the lease of three new buses and three maintenance vehicles," the superintendent said.
The district is accepting sealed bids for a Kohler and Campbell piano that PUSD received as a donation. Contact the office at (928) 474-2070 for information on bidding. Nov. 5 is the next regular school board meeting.