Rocking chairs and retirement. -- Two words that are definitely not in the vocabulary of an Ageless Hero. Who are Arizona's Ageless Heroes? They're individuals 65 years or older who continue to be our greatest teachers by lending their talents, expertise, compassion and knowledge to our community through their ongoing efforts.
Please help us get the word out so that these unsung Ageless Heroes can be recognized in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona's annual Ageless Heroes program in February 2008.
Nominations are due by Nov. 14. We know there are heroes throughout the great state of Arizona who are so deserving of this honor. Details on nominating someone are provided in the following:
Recognize seniors who have inspired you by nominating them for the Ageless Hero Program. Nominations for 2008 Ageless Heroes are being accepted now through November 14.
"Every day, seniors in our community are impacting others in big ways," said Rich Boals, president and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. "Whether they are starting a new career, helping those less fortunate or even breaking athletic records, they are inspiring those around them. For that they deserve to be recognized."
All Arizona residents, age 65 or older, are eligible to be nominated as an Ageless Hero. Categories for the awards include:
- Against the Odds: Able to overcome all obstacles, whether a disability, illness or hardship, and uses this experience to inspire others.
- Champion for Health: Works to improve the health of others through advocacy, outreach and education efforts.
- Community Involvement: Shows strength in commitment to a community and its individuals.
- Creative Expressions: Demonstrates unique expressions of artistic talent.
- Love of Learning: Pursues or shares knowledge gained through study or experience.
- Vigor and Vitality: Able to perform agile feats -- both mental and physical.
An additional category has been added this year for Arizonans age 55-64.
- Emerging Hero: An Arizonan (age 55-64) who remains active in life and embodies the spirit of the Ageless Heroes program.
There are two ways to nominate that extraordinary someone:
Go online to: www.azblue.com/ageless
Or mail: Download a nomination form at azblue.com/ageless and mail it to:
Ageless Heroes Program, P.O. Box 13466 -- C501, Phoenix, AZ 85002-3466
Nominations must be received by Nov. 14, 2007 to be eligible for consideration. All nominees will receive a certificate.
The top three finalists in each category, determined by a panel of community leaders, will be recognized during an awards luncheon in Phoenix in February 2008.
For more information, visit azblue.com/ageless or call 602) 864-2240 in the Phoenix area or (800) 528-0716, ext. 2240 outside of the Phoenix area
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, is the largest Arizona-based health insurance company. The not-for-profit company was founded in 1939 and provides health insurance products, services or networks to more than 1.1 million individuals. With offices in Phoenix, Flagstaff, Tempe and Tucson, the company employs more than 1,500 Arizonans. For information about Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona and its community programs such as WalkingWorks, please visit www.azblue.com.