Tickets are for sale now for the many events that make up Payson's 125th Anniversary Celebration.
Green Valley Park lake will come alive with lights Oct. 6The lake at Green Valley Park will come alive with lights during one evening of the 125th celebration.At 7 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 6, anyone who wants to make a wish, light a candle and set it afloat on the water may do so for a donation.Net proceeds benefit the Northern Gila County Historical Society.Meet at: The big lake near the museum.
Tickets for most events need to be purchased by Monday, Oct.1. Only barbecue tickets can be purchased at the gate. These tickets will be $10 at the gate, while advance tickets are $8.
Tickets are available in Payson at Git a Rope, 404 W. Main St., the Rim Country Regional Chamber of Commerce, at the northwest corner of Beeline and Main Street, and Bootleg Alley, 520 W. Main St.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3, 6 p.m., Brats, Beer and Cheese, Zane Grey Museum area, $25 each.
- Friday, Oct. 5, 9 a.m., 125th Golf Outing, Limit 100, Payson Golf Course, $80 per player.
- Friday, Oct. 5, 6 p.m., 125th Mystery Dinner, Limit 100, Main Street Grille, $75 each.
- Saturday, Oct. 6, 7:30 a.m., Mayor's Breakfast, Limit 90, Main Street Grille, $10 each.
- Saturday, Oct. 6, 6 p.m., Barbecue Dinner -- and Brief Mystery Dinner, Green Valley Park Bandstand, $8 per ticket; $10 at the door.
- Sunday, Oct. 7, 5:30 p.m., Dutch Oven Cooking Dinner, Limit 100, Payson Event Center, $15 each.
Free and nominal admission fee events include the community picnic, timeline parade, costume contest, quilt show, art in the park, family games, historic re-enactments, music and dancing.
5:30 p.m., Thursday Oct. 4 on Main Street
Bring your own picnic dinner and chairs, dance to the music of Junction 87.
9 a.m., Saturday, Oct. 6 on Main St.
After the parade, local performers will tell stories and re-enact historic scenes up and down Main Street. Musicians will play.
11 a.m. in front of the Womans Club
Chance to win: $2
Noon at Payson's Pioneer Park
1:30 p.m. Mini Mystique Horse Drill Team performs near the bandstand at Green Valley Park
$2 admission adults
- Games and activities for children
From 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Green Valley Park.
- The Third Annual Rim Country Quilt Roundup
There will be hundreds of historic quilts on display.
The Show is from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 6 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, Oct. 7 at the Rock Building at Julia Randall Elementary School.
- Art in the Park and the Western Heritage Festival, including art, games, exhibits, author book signings and music begins at 10 a.m. at Green Valley Park.
- Games and activities for children all afternoon
- Candle Lighting 7 p.m. at Green Valley Park
- Event Center Demonstrations
Admission: Donation to the Payson Humane Society
Dutch Oven cooking begins at noon
Jumping, dressage, Icelandic horse driving exhibit, pole bending, Bison Percherons, mutton bustin' and K-9 events begin at 1 p.m.
For more information, please log onto to www.paysons125th.com.