The 2008 Business Showcase attracted about 1,000 people, twice the number that attended in 2007.
"It was a great success. Based upon Mazatzal (Casino) head counts and our balloting, we estimate that the mixer had 230-250 attendees, including exhibitors, and the Saturday attendance was between 650 and 700 people. I estimate that is 35-50 percent higher than the 2007 show," said John Stanton, Rim Country Regional Chamber of Commerce manager.
The winners of the prizes are as follows:
• Best Over-all: Payson Regional Medical Center
- Best Theme: Payson Care Center
- Media Award: Payson Regional Medical Center
- People's Choice Award: Payson Regional Medical Center
- Best Outside Award: Plant Fair Nursery
The evaluations of the 2008 event highlighted the fabulous venue of the Mazatzal Event Hall, and expressed universal interest in returning next year for the 2009 event, Stanton said.