- Studies conducted in office environments show that women's desks have, on average, four times more germs than men's desks do.
- If you're thinking of redecorating your child's room, you might want to keep this in mind: Studies show that the color pink has a soothing effect on children; blue lowers their blood pressure and increases attentiveness; and yellow excites and cheers kids. Avoid red if at all possible; it has been shown to raise children's blood pressure, respiration and heart rate as well as brain and muscle activity.
- If you're planning a trip to New York City this September, you should consider stopping by Wigstock, the country's largest festival celebrating the fake 'do. If you can't make the road trip, don't worry; you can check out the festivities from the comfort of your own home. Just rent "Wigstock: The Movie," a documentary of the event that was made in the mid-1990s.
- It's been reported that the last words of 19th-century American author, essayist, biographer and historian Washington Irving were, "Well, I must arrange my pillows for another night. When will this end?"
- Golfers beware: Don't chew on the tees. One golfer who was in the habit of gnawing while he played overdosed on pesticides after playing 36 holes in one day.
- All species of dog have a pink tongue -- except one. Chows' tongues are black.
- The longest word in the English language that can be typed using only one hand is "stewardesses."