Mayor Kenny Evans finds himself at the mercy of the wild women of the Payson Pro Rodeo Jail Committee. Each year during Rodeo Week, the ladies “arrest” local citizens and collect “bail” money for the committee’s scholarship fund.
Dusted off those boots and that hat yet? Polished up your biggest belt buckle? Made sure those jeans and that Western shirt are pressed crisp? Good, you’re ready for rodeo weekend in Payson!
The big party for the 125th World’s Oldest Continuous Rodeo gets rocking tonight and continues on through the weekend. Get out there and take in a rodeo performance or two at the Payson Event Center. Make your way to Historic Main Street early Saturday to get a good spot to watch the parade, which starts at 9 a.m. Take some time to get to one of the dances or maybe the 6th Annual Rodeo Reunion, which is Saturday after the parade at Rumsey Park.
A historic event happens only once and the World’s Oldest Continuous Rodeo will only have its 125th anniversary this year. Be part of Rim Country history and join the fun.
• Tough Enough To Wear Pink benefit rodeo performance for breast cancer research, Friday, Aug. 14, gates open at 5 p.m., performance formance starts at 7 p.m.; adults $18, seniors $16, children $7.50.
• Youth Dance, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday, Aug. 14, Rim Country Mall.
• Dance at the Oxbow Saloon, music by Landon Shill Band and Junction 87, 8 p.m., Friday, Aug. 14, $5 cover charge.
•August Doin’s Rodeo Roundup Parade, 9 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 15 Green Valley Park east to Sawmill Crossing.
• Rodeo performance 1 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 15, gates open at 11 a.m.; adults $18, children $7.50
• Rodeo performance, 7 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 15, gates open at 5 p.m.
• Family Dance, 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 15, Rim Country Mall.
• Dance at the Oxbow Saloon, music by Landon Shill Band and Rendevous, 8 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 15, $5 cover charge.
• Rodeo performance, 1 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 16, gates open at 11 a.m.