Obama, who campaigned as the great facilitator, and pledged to unite us all — Republican and Democrat, red and blue, black and white, conservative and liberal — has instead polarized this nation like no one before.
It would seem that some of us just don’t want to be united under a socialist banner. Consider the immortal words of John Locke:
“Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience.”
John Locke wrote this in 1690, but he couldn’t have done a better job of describing the situation in today’s America. So, not yet in the spirit of full rebellion, but simply to list a few of the grievances many of us who don’t like this runaway-socialist-government train share, I have written:
The Conservative’s Declaration of Independence:
Whereas, the couch potatoes of these United States have chosen to make war on those of us who work and produce, we hereby set ourselves apart from these socialist perpetrators, individually and collectively, who are now practicing governmental authority outside those constraints set down by our forefathers in the organic Constitution of the United States knowing full well that:
When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for the work force in a culture to sever the political ties that have bound us to liberals who want only to rob us of what we have gained with the sweat of our own labors — that those socialists with whom we sever all aforementioned ties should know the causes that have provoked us to do so.
We hold these truths to be self-evident. That God endowed us with certain inalienable rights and that among these are life, liberty and property. To secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. But whenever an assemblage becomes destructive to these ends, it is our God-given duty to sever any and all relationships with said assemblage.
We therefore list the evils of a long train of abuses and usurpations, heaped upon our persons by bureaucrats, elected officials, appointed czars and other like-minded individuals, who have, under the umbrella of government, pursued invariably the same object and design to put in place an establishment of absolute tyranny over all of those who still work for a living. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.
The above mentioned have removed God from the schools and other places of public gathering, knowing that where good is lost, apathy, sick spirits, and evil will fill the void. Where their sickness has beset the schools, they have blamed it on the guns of honest citizens, compiling law after law of infringement to our Second Amendment rights, in insolent violation of the Constitution.
They have trampled on the inalienable rights of large districts of rural people, and have endeavored to prevent those populations from useful and necessary employment in the productive industries of agriculture, timber, fishing, and mining.
They have erected a multitude of degenerate bureaucrats and sent them in swarms to harass those of us who produce and to eat out our substance.
We censure the legislators actions of:
• Infecting the economy with the false wealth of trillions of dollars in paper money and for the unconstitutional use of other than gold or silver as legal tender in payment of debts.
• Brainwashing and thereby deliberately destroying the reason of their followers, spreading among them the deadly diseases of conformity and a mindless obeisance to political correctness.
• Using the Endangered Species Act in an attempt to bring about the disruption and ultimate destruction of logging, mining, livestock, farming and fishing industries that provide the fundamentals of life.
• Loosing their hordes of “Earth First” hippie, militant-minded, and others to run free over these western lands, spiking trees, killing livestock, burning buildings, and even sabotaging nuclear power plants in the name of the environment, all while they arrest farmers for killing rats and clearing weeds from ditches.
• The nationalization of the banking industry, Chrysler Corporation and General Motors.
• Drafting health care reform legislation they admittedly haven’t read and couldn’t understand if they did, and for exempting themselves from it.
• Legalizing abortion.
• And finally, for branding patriots who have served in this nation’s military, or peacefully voiced our discontent to their socialist agenda at town meetings, as terrorists.
Therefore, in support of this declaration and with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we pledge our lives, our liberty and our sacred honor.
Como Siempré, Jinx