With the cost of food and health care skyrocketing, families losing their homes, retirement accounts shrinking and millions of Americans without a job, AARP recently launched Real Relief, an online resource to help people weather these tough economic times.
“This resource was created to help people and families find assistance and guidance,” said David Mitchell, AARP Arizona State Director. “It’s a one-stop online portal that offers programs and tools for those struggling to make ends meet.”
The AARP Real Relief site includes:
• Retiree information - helpful tools and resources for retirees who may be facing economic challenges.
• Programs to help make ends meet - including free tax preparation assistance and help accessing and applying for public benefits.
• Job tips - direction on what to do if you are seeking full- or part-time employment; and specific companies that value older workers.
• Tips on protecting your money - learn how to avoid scams, protect your assets, and choose a financial planner.
• Financial calculators - designed to help you keep your finances on track.
• Money saving tips - suggestions on how and where to cut back on expenses.
• Economic news - featuring specialized articles in AARP Bulletin Today.
•A toll-free number where members can find help and answers: (888) OUR-AARP.
“Whether seeking employment or job training, worried about retirement, cutting back on expenses, or protecting investments, we encourage people to use this AARP online resource or to share them with others in need,” added Mitchell.
For more information about the AARP Real Relief Web site, visit www.aarp.org/realrelief.