The Payson High School auditorium will come alive to the inventive moves of Russian Seasons Dance Company in “A Celebration of World Dance” at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 29.
Hosted by the Tonto Community Concert Association, the 20-member troupe will explore everything from athletic Russian folk dances to neo-classical and modern styles such as flamenco, tango, step dancing and Broadway.
The Russian Seasons Dance Company offers a breathtaking display of exceptional dance and precision choreography never seen before.
In 1991, Russian lead-dancer Nikolai Androsov left the Moiseyev Company to explore innovative dance ideas originating within the Ballets Russe fashion. His new company, called themselves the Russian Seasons Dance Company, and they gave their first public performance at Tchaikovsky Hall in Moscow to great acclaim. The dance company has continued to enthrall audiences around the world ever since.
Tickets are available for this performance and the remaining concerts of the season by calling (928) 478-4363 or paying at the door. Student admission is free with a paying adult.
The remaining concerts for the 2009-10 season are as follows:
• Nearly Neil & The Solitary Band — Tribute to the Music of Neil Diamond, Friday, Jan. 29, 2010.
• Red Hot Hollywood! — Matt Davenport Productions Inc. celebrates the music and dance of the silver screen, Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010.
• Daniel Rodriguez (“The Singing Policeman”) — America’s Beloved Tenor, Friday, March 5, 2010.
• Rudolph Budginas — piano virtuoso with comedic commentary, Monday, April 19, 2010.
• Hunt Family Fiddlers — eight-member Hunt Family featuring fiddle and footwork, Tuesday, May 11, 2010.
For TCCA subscriptions or other information, call (928) 478-4363.