Diane Frederick Bedsworth will be hosting the April 26 Diabetic Support Group. The group meets at the Senior Circle office from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Bedsworth is a registered dietitian. She has spent more than 30 years working with hospital food service teams across the United States. Most recently she retired from Payson Regional Medical Center in 2007 where she was director of food and nutrition services. The diabetic support group is open to anyone dealing with diabetic issues. Please register for this informational event at (928) 472-9290.
Dr. Cynthia Booth will be holding a round table discussion at the next Senior Circle Lunch and Learn. The program will be from 11 a.m. to noon, Wednesday, April 28. A light lunch will be served and is free to Senior Circle members. The event will discuss women’s wellness checks for women over 50, osteoporosis and how the new healthcare bill might affect care. Sign up now for this free event by calling (928) 472-9290.
A week’s glance at Senior Circle — all programs are free with Senior Circle membership
• QiGong (Tai Chi), 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• Computer Class, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; new class begins April 26
• Bunco, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
• Knitting, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Digital Camera, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
• Feeling Fit Exercise, 10 a.m. to -11 a.m.
• Beginning Ballroom Dance, 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• New Hope Grief Support, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• QiGong, 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• Bridge, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Wii Bowling, 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Ballroom Dance, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• Feeling Fit Exercise, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Line Dance, 11 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
The dance exercise program Zumba! ® will soon be offered at the Senior Circle. Call (928) 472-9290 if you are interested in becoming part of this fun exercise program.
The Senior Circle is holding a $1 book sale. Select from a variety of paperbacks, self help, medical and informational type books. Did you know that Senior Circle also has a wonderful library of hardback fiction to check out and return? Hardback book donations are welcome.
Senior Circle Member Lunch
The next Senior Circle member lunch will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., tomorrow April 21. Senior Circle will be serving the baked chicken and the rest is potluck. Call (928) 472-9290. It is not mandatory that you bring a potluck dish to attend.
Tonto Gym Memberships
The Senior Circle Tonto Gym Memberships are due. The cost is $52 for May, June and July.