Thanks for joining Rim Country residents at the 2010 Loggers Sawdust Festival this weekend.
If you have enjoyed your time in Payson, you might be interested in some of the continuing and upcoming summer events. Every Saturday morning through October there is a Farmers Market at the Sawmill Crossing, on the southwest corner of the junction of the Beeline Highway and Historic West Main Street.
Also every Saturday at 7 p.m. at Green Valley Park’s amphitheater area is a free Concert Under the Stars through the end of July.
Here are some of the other special events being planned:
• The 14th Annual Strawberry Patchers Quilt Show will be June 11, 12 and 13 in the Cultural Hall at the Community Center in Pine. The show is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; admission is $2.
• The Zane Grey Twirlers are sponsoring the 30th annual Square and Round Dance Festival June 11 and June 12 at the Tonto Apache Recreation Center, southeast of the Mazatzal Hotel and Casino.
• Rim Country Mountain Bike Festival with The Strawberry Valley Blues Festival is June 11 in Strawberry and other locations around the Rim Country.
• The 20th Annual Strawberry Festival is in Pine June 12, 2010 at the Pine Community Center.
• The Mogollon Garden Tour sponsored by Rim Area Gardeners is June 12 throughout the Rim Country.
• The Payson Sprint Triathlon is June 12 at Rumsey Park.
• A ceremony commemorating the Dude Fire’s 20th anniversary is planned for June 26 at the Rim Country Museum in Green Valley Park.
• 4th of July Celebration at Green Valley Park.
• National Night Out events will take place July 31 at Green Valley Park.
• Earth Awakening Festival on Aug. 7 at the Pine Community Center.
• 126th World’s Oldest Continuous Rodeo is Aug. 19 through Aug. 22 at the Payson Event Center with its accompanying August Doin’s Rodeo Parade, “Ropin’ and Ridin’” Aug. 21 on Historic Main Street in Payson. For parade applications, please go to the Rim Country Regional Chamber of Commerce on the northwest corner of Beeline and Main Street, or online visit www.rimcountry chamber.com. Applications are due by Aug. 14.
• The old-fashioned 55th Annual Northern Gila County Fair starts Sept. 9 at the Tonto Apache Exhibit Hall (gymnasium) and Payson Event Center.
• The Payson Demolition Derby will be Sept. 12 at the Payson Event Center.
• FLW Fishing Tournament is Sept. 21 at Roosevelt Lake.
• The 40th Anniversary Old Time Fiddlers Contest — Arizona State Championship is Sept. 25 at the Payson Event Center.