The people of Arizona are very lucky to have a governor who has the guts and courage to protect the citizens in Arizona. It is a shame that she was even put into a position to have to sign such a strong immigration law such as SB1070, but since no one in the federal government will do their jobs to protect and preserve our country, at least our state has the backbone to step up. Thank you, Gov. Jan Brewer.
I was appalled when the president of Mexico was invited to the White House last week to speak and was allowed to attack the people of America and specifically the people of Arizona for passing SB1070.
President Obama stood by and did nothing to defend us and let him go on to say how racist we all were.
It was truly disgusting! Not only did he speak at the White House, the president of Mexico spoke at the full session of Congress, where he again attacked the people of Arizona for passing SB1070. To my astonishment and complete disgust, Janet Napolitano, along with all of the Democrats in Congress, gave him a standing ovation.
What is going on here? What has happened to our representatives in the federal government when a leader of a foreign country comes to our country, bashes us, and is met with a standing ovation? This should be a wake up call to all of us!
How hypocritical is it for the president of Mexico to come here and bash us and call us racists when the following is part of their constitution:
- Under Article 123 of the General Population Act, illegal immigration is an offense punishable by up to two years in prison and a fine of up to 5,000 pesos, or about $450. Typically, Typically, any crime with a punishment of a year or more is considered a felony.
- Article 118 of the act says foreigners who are deported and then later attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be punished with up to 10 years in prison.
- Under Article 73, local police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities when asked to help enforce the nation’s immigration laws.
- As set forth in several articles or the act, immigrants are admitted into Mexico according to their potential to “contribute to the national progress” and must have the income needed to support themselves.
- Article 9 of the constitution says only citizens may assemble to “take part in the political affairs of the country.” Under Article 33, noncitizens “may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country.”
We all need to wake up, stand up, and say enough is enough! We must fight back and vote out all of the Democrats at the next elections.