A Young family was able to spend Thanksgiving at home after the all-volunteer Pleasant Valley Fire Department saved the residence from fire early Tuesday morning.
Fire Chief Kathy Hunt said at about 2:20 a.m., they got a call from the homeowners that a fire had started in the home’s living room.
It is unclear where the fire originated or how it started. Hunt says it remains under investigation, however, arson is not suspected.
A dozen volunteers and two cadets stopped the spread of the fire and contained it to the living room.
Although firefighters had to tear down the ceiling, and a window was broken, the family reported they were able to clean up the mess enough to still spend Thanksgiving at home.
“We are so happy for the family,” Hunt said. “We saved the structure!”