Due to extreme fire conditions, stage 2 restrictions were implemented Friday on the Sitgreaves National Forest. The restrictions include the Black Mesa and Lakeside Ranger Districts.
Prohibited actions include:
• Building or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or wood stove
• Using any kind of explosive or firework
• Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared of all flammable material
• Operating any internal or external combustion engine without a spark arresting device properly installed
• Discharging a firearm, air rifle, or gas gun; except while engaged in a lawful hunt pursuant to laws and regulations
Currently, the Durfee Fire is burning on the Sitgreaves National Forest. The fire has already burned approximately 107 acres northeast of Chevlon Canyon Lake. The cause of fire remains under investigation.
Officlas will rescind fire restrictions when the forest receives sufficient rain to lessen the risk of extreme fires.
For more information, visit www.fs.fed.us/r3/asnf.