Public meetings have been scheduled to provide citizens an opportunity to participate in the redistricting of Gila County supervisorial and community college districts.
Although citizens can submit their ideas and comments at any time, the public meetings will provide: additional information about the redistricting process; information about a mapping tool that will be available for citizens to use beginning June 8; instructions for submitting plans or ideas online; and an opportunity for citizens to make public comments.
Citizens do not have to attend a public meeting in order to submit redistricting comments, plans and/or ideas.
While anyone can submit ideas at any time, additional information will be available June 8 on the Gila County Web site www.gila countyaz.gov/elections/Redistrictinfo.html and choose the redistricting topic you desire. Remember, some redistricting information is available now and more will be added beginning June 8.
Public meetings have been scheduled as follows:
• 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 8 - Tribal Council Chamber, San Carlos Avenue, San Carlos
• 6 p.m., Wednesday, June 8 - Gila County Board of Supervisors Hearing Room, 1400 E. Ash St., Globe
• 6 p.m., Tuesday, June 14 - Tonto Basin Chamber of Commerce, 45675 W. Highway 188, Tonto Basin
• 3 p.m., Thursday, June 16 - Ponderosa Baptist Church, 1800 N. Beeline Highway, Payson
• 6 p.m., Thursday, June 16 - Star Valley Southern Baptist Church, 4180 E. Highway 260, Star Valley.