Stumped at what to get Aunt Harriet for Christmas? How about a membership to Senior Circle? It’s only $15 a year and it could be the best present under the tree.
Senior Circle is a place where members are friendly, staff is helpful, activities are affordable and discounts are meaningful. We are a national organization that encourages a healthy and active lifestyle for adults 50 years of age and better. Membership allows you to enjoy health talks, in-hospital benefits, local business bargains and a wide range of discounts for prescriptions, vision care, hearing aids, hotel rooms, car rentals and more. You will also experience the satisfaction of participating in a full calendar of social events, exercise programs and travel opportunities.
You will receive the Circle News newsletter. Published four times a year, Circle News features local information including upcoming events, hospital updates, trips, physician information and a calendar of activities.
Inside Circle is a nationally published newsletter and is available exclusively to Senior Circle members. Each issue features chapter news, benefit updates, health information and much more.
Connect to other members with a Senior Circle Pen Friend. Letter writing or e-mailing is a great way to get to know members across the U.S. and make new friends.
Exercise programs are also very popular. A few of the programs we offer include Qi Gong, ZUMBA, line dancing or one-half off membership to the Tonto Apache Gym.
Whatever you are looking for, Senior Circle offers something for everyone.
Some of the upcoming events for December are:
• Christmas luncheon — Gerardo’s Fireside Café will be catering lunch for members on Saturday, Dec. 3 at St. Philip the Apostle Parish Church Hall. Festivities begin at noon.
• Lunch and Learn — Wednesday, Dec. 7, Senior Circle Activity room, listen to Dr. Sam Gillette and Dr. Toby Paulson speak about heart health during the holiday season. Join in welcoming Dr. Paulson, a new cardiologist, to Payson.
• Mesa Temple Garden Holiday Lights Tour and Concert — Thursday, Dec. 8, enjoy dinner at the Blue Adobe Mexican Grill in Mesa. Get into the holiday spirit with a festive holiday concert at the Mormon Temple. At Christmas time, the grounds are converted to an exquisite Nativity display accented by hundreds of thousands of Christmas lights.
• Senior Circle Bake Sale — Saturday, Dec. 10, Senior Circle Activity Room.
• Member lunch — Wednesday, Dec. 14, guest speaker will be from Messinger Funeral Home speaking about Contingency Day Planning.
If you would like more information about Senior Circle, please call (928) 472-9290. The Senior Circle, at 215 N. Beeline Highway, Payson, is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to noon, Friday.
The office will be closed the week of December 25 to allow our volunteers an opportunity to enjoy the holidays with their loved ones.