The Town of Payson is seeking volunteers interested in serving on council-appointed boards, commissions or committees. If you are interested, please download an application, or visit town hall to pick up an application.
It is the intention of the town to advertise at least once per year to create a bank of applicants for potential appointments in the event of vacancies. All applications received by the town clerk’s office will be kept on file for one year from the time it is received.
Payson’s boards, commissions and committees are a valuable asset to the public, as they consider important issues that will affect the community through their recommendations to the council, say town officials.
Descriptions for each board, commission and committee to learn more about their duties and responsibilities is at town hall.
The following is a list of Payson’s boards, commissions and committees followed by their current and prospective openings:
• Board of Adjustment — six vacancies
• Building Advisory Board — five vacancies
• Design Review Board — two vacancies
• Historic Preservation and Conservation Commission — seven vacancies
• Housing Advisory Commission — two vacancies
• Parks and Recreation Com-mission — three vacancies
• Payson Youth Advisory Council — No vacancies at this time
• Planning and Zoning Commission — three vacancies
• Transportation Advisory Board — two vacancies