The Payson High School Lady Longhorns softball team continues to stampede over opponents. The girls handed Mogollon a 21-0 win when the two teams met Thursday, April 5. The Lady Horns had 14 hits to make those 21 points.
Payson’s best inning was the second, where the girls scored 7 runs; followed by 5 in the fifth; 4 in both the first and third innings; and 1 in the fourth.
Breaking down individual efforts:
• Taylor Petersen and Kaitlyn Wessel both hit doubles;
• Arianna Paulson had three home runs, Megan Wessel and Payton Petersen also had home runs;
• Bases were claimed by Natalie Black (1), Devann Runzo (1), Taylor Petersen (2), Kaitlyn Wessel (2), Katie Jones (2), Payton Petersen (5), Megan Wessel (6) and Arianna Paulson (12);
• Runs Batted In were by Arianna Paulson (7); Payton Petersen (2); Kaitlyn Wessel (2); Natalie Black (1); Katie Jones (1); and Megan Wessel (1);
• Reached On Errors were claimed by Natalie Black (3); and with one each Katie Jones, Arianna Paulson, Taylor Petersen, Devann Runzo and Megan Wessel,
Taylor Petersen and Katie Jones were both hit by pitches.
The Lady Horns were scheduled to play in Show Low Monday, April 9, with the Varsity taking the field at 4:30 p.m. and the JV playing at 5:30 p.m.
The team travels to Miami Thursday, April 12, with the girls hitting the field at 4 p.m.