Fire Closes Sportsman's Chalet Kitchen

The Sportsman's Chalet in Strawberry had to close the kitchen due to a grease fire.

The Sportsman's Chalet in Strawberry had to close the kitchen due to a grease fire. Photo by Andy Towle. |

Advertisement

Fire fighters from the Pine Fire Department emerge from the Sportsman's Chalet in Strawberry after putting out a kitchen grease fire. Two Pine fire trucks were called to the scene and a call to the Payson Fire Department was initiated.

However, the Pine Fire Department had the blaze under control and the call for help was terminated. David Staub entered the buiding after it was determined to be safe and inspected the premises. Staub consulted with the personnel on staff and advised them it was safe to return to operating the bar.

Dry chemicals were used to extinguish the fire and a high powered fans were put in place to alleviate the smoke. There were no injuries to report, no structural damage to the building but an inspection would be needed before the kitchen can be re-opened.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Requires free registration

Posting comments requires a free account and verification.