After being partially closed three months, the Sportsman’s Chalet in Strawberry is back open.
A grease fire in the Chalet’s kitchen in late August destroyed a stove and forced firefighters to tear a hole in the ceiling.
Bartender Tamiko Staack said a new stove has been added, the ceiling repaired and the walls and floors redone, leaving the kitchen in better shape than when it was built in the 1960s.
After the fire, the Chalet had stayed open, but with a limited menu. With everything back in place, the kitchen reopened Nov. 15 in time for the Friday night fish fry.
The Sportsman’s Chalet is open from 11 a.m. to at least 10 p.m. daily.