Republicans Made This Independent Happy

One could almost feel sorry for the Republican whiners who are still spewing their hate and misinformation. These are the reasons you lost folks! Turns out the majority of Americans did not want a man for commander in chief who is a liar and a tax cheat. Most American women showed you we don’t need a Republican man telling us how to care for our bodies.

We have been hearing from you about our rights being taken away for years now, although not one of you can name these missing rights.

Please don’t cite the Affordable Care Act. You have to have car insurance by law, and you aren’t whining very loudly about that.

Taking away guns has long been one of your complaints. Please! Any one of you who has had their guns taken away, please write this paper and share your story! My husband bought a gun last month with no problem and no one has taken away the other guns we own.

If Republicans would research their own facts instead of listening to the lies of Rush and Fox Noise, you would appear smarter, and maybe you would have won the election. Instead, you search for imaginary birth certificates and try to create a boogieman out of our president, making you look very foolish, and costing you the election. Nice job. You made this Independent very happy.

Deborah Paulk

Comments

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 4 months ago

Talk about hate. You sit all puffed up about winning an election, still flinging insults at the party that lost. Must be nice not having to accept any responsibility for the millions of unborn you are murdering on behalf of " Most American women showed you we don’t need a Republican man telling us how to care for our bodies." I believe most civilized people recognize that you care more about "a woman's body" than the life of an unborn infant that very same woman concieved. That you can even look yourself in the mirror with the track record you have on that issue is beyond belief. By the way, I'm a regestered "Non-affiliated" so don't think you've actually hooked up some upset Republican.

Nancy Volz 1 year, 4 months ago

I may be wrong, but think that what Deborah really cares about is a person's right to choose what he or she feels is best for his or her life. If those who are anti-choice would come to the table and work out ways to change the conversation, it would help all of us. Free sterilization to any man or woman who requests it is a heck of a lot cheaper for taxpayers than paying for the myriad programs in place to take care of a child born to someone who doesn't want it, much less to pay to incarcerate the boyfriend or other party that injures or kills the unwanted child. There are fewer abortions performed past the first trimester than people are led to believe - at least based on how you wrote your comment above. Also, what about holding free classes or seminars on sex or using contraception responsibly, rather than just talk about abstinence? Just an idea... In any case, it is kind of strange that folks who do not want the government in their lives just want it in other people's lives.

ALLAN SIMS 1 year, 4 months ago

Ah, a raging liberal is buying a gun, eh? Interesting.

No ma’am, any whining we might do, or have done in the past has no bearing on why you won. You won because you and a majority have believed the lie. Further, you propagate the lie. Your cohorts wanted their hands in others' pockets, which is a form of greed that makes that of a tycoon or a Wall Street magnet pale in comparison.

You care nothing of what our nation was, only what you wish it to be. As for lost rights, how about this one. A production plant was shut down in New Mexico in the last day or so; and you would say well and good. It was shut down because it was ‘suspected’ of generating salmonella poisoning. Maybe they are guilty or maybe not.

To take the business away from the owners & shut it down on a suspicion violates the 4th Amendment “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated…”

The government voted itself the right to eliminate the owners’ security from unreasonable search and seizures, on a whim, without due process of law .
The 5th Amendment “No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury … nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”

They were deprived of property, and perhaps their liberty, without due process. Their private property has been taken from them, without just compensation.

The 6th Amendment “In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and …”

They are considered guilty without trial, based on the assumptions of a bureaucrat.

The 9th Amendment “The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.”

Any right not forbidden to the people by the constitution is theirs by default. This ‘law’ strips many of those rights away.

The 10th Amendment “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Since the power taken from the people and placed in the hands of bureaucrats by this ‘law’ is not provided by an amendment to the Constitution, it is therefore in violation of the 10th amendment, again violating the rights protected by that 10th amendment.

And, that is from just one action taken in one case by the government. It is busying stripping rights from us, daily in a myriad of ways.

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 4 months ago

Mr. Sims, I fear reminding those of the progressive/socialist pursuasion of the tenents of the US Constitution are a waste of time. They see that document as outdated and simply worthy of blowing their noses with it. For someone to believe that the Constitution and those who penned it, ever imagined that it could be so braodly interpreted to make it a "right" to murder unborn infants staggers the mind. I am fully aware of the Supreme Courts ruling regarding a woman's right to choose, but as has happened so many times in the past, they have been wrong and eventually acknowledged their error and corrected it. We wait for such wisdom on some future court. I'm not holding my breath. As to what we do with "unwanted children", why heck, let's just murder them and be done with it. After all that's what the pro-abortion folks favor and the law seems to favor such a solution.

Bill Knauss 1 year, 4 months ago

In response to the angry lady's letter, In reality, car-insurance coverage is not mandated to all Americans, all adults, or even all licensed drivers (one can maintain a license but not auto insurance if he or she does not plan to drive a car). Auto insurance is but one price that is supposed to be paid in order to enjoy the privilege of driving.

Alternatively, mandatory health insurance essentially requires that, in exchange for the privilege of … citizenship? Residency in the U.S.? Life? … one must procure health insurance for herself and her family. Can pedestrians “opt out” of mandatory health-insurance coverage?

Oh that’s right — Since the only way to implement and enforce such a mandate is through the government’s ability to levy and collect taxes, let’s be very clear about the fact that a health-insurance mandate is, indeed, a new tax

ALLAN SIMS 1 year, 4 months ago

Gentlemen, you are both absolutely correct.

Why did I waste about an hour of midnight oil putting that post together? (Notice the last paragraph was pretty sloppy.) Not because any raging liberal/progressive/Pinko Communist or just brain dead would care, but it was for those “independents” who could not figure out which to vote for, this time. (Now, I know many independents, and some are sharp folks—but the majority of those independents who voted for Obama had no concept of what the constitution is about. Either that or they were voting out of fear.)

Have you ever seen a horse when he’s really scared? He’ll bolt in any direction, to get away. Sometimes right over a cliff, into a stream of fast moving vehicles or right through a barbed-wire fence. I think that a slew of otherwise sane folks did that, and jumped over the cliff.

But, beyond that, many of these ‘liberals’ are teachers, and they influence the children in their care. (That’s why we have at least 2 generations of zombie-like liberals who now outnumber the sane folks of our nation.) If it can catch their attention, then maybe, just maybe, voters 16 years from now may make the difference. We can always hope.

Tim Branson 1 year, 4 months ago

Just wait. Paulk's kind of self-righteous gloating and thoughtless name-calling will turn to unbelieving shock as the next 4 years unfold. As we have seen, and Paulk confirms it, liberals have tunnel vision when it comes to looking at things from all angles. If she had done any kind of research she would have seen the many rights that are in danger by Obama's actions. But it's like talking to a wall. You see, we conservatives check out every side. We listen to Rush but we also listen to what Chris Matthews has to say. We watch Fox News and the lame-steam CNN and NBC. We listen to what science has to say and still find time to go to church to find wisdom and peace. Then we carefully and prayerfully look behind the rhetoric and find the truth. Liberals, on the other hand, would have nervous breakdowns if they tried to weigh both sides. Can you imagine a liberal actually trying to find the truth rather than relying on sheer blind emotion and glandular satisfaction. Impossible. All I can say is, "Wait for the results." But don't worry. I won't pridefully and without compassion say "I told you so," and call you names as our country tanks with a socialist community organizer in charge. I will be trying to unselfishly save your keister from your own uninformed voting and horrible decisions and try to help restore sanity and true freedom again to this once great nation. What will the liberals be doing? Blaming Bush. What else?

Ted Paulk 1 year, 4 months ago

You still HAVE NOT NAMED ONE RIGHT YOU HAVE LOST. Follow the herd!!!

Tim Branson 1 year, 4 months ago

Oh, I forgot to address Volz's illogic. How can anyone "come to the table" and change the conversation about killing human beings? How can having yourself mutilated (sterilization) be a sensible solution? How can killing the child before it is born be better than "a boyfriend or other party" killing him/her after they are born? How can using a human pesticide (contraceptive) that attacks a human's normal bodily functions and can cause an early abortion be a valid and agreed upon talking point in any conversation? If you think you can answer these questions reasonably, logically, and compassionately, then I have some ocean front property here in Arizona I'd like to sell you. The conversation has to start with the unequivocal and constitutional "Right to Life" before any progress could be made. Since liberals have no idea what the Right to Life entails, there will never be an agreement or consensus. One thing is sure. Sooner or later Pro-life will win over Pro-death because we are fighting to save lives and liberals are fighting to save a selfish choice that kills kids.

Nancy Volz 1 year, 4 months ago

Actually, Mr. Sims, you and the rest of the above writers, nailed yourselves. You made it clear how feel about anyone who is different. Good grief! I understand that you are angry at what you perceive is happening in our country. But why do you all have to be so nasty and divisive? It won't help change a thing.

don evans 1 year, 4 months ago

Yes, Nancy your right. Nothing will change until people who think like you are confronted. The only thing left to keep our country from becoming the socialist meca salad bowl you desire is a new revolution. A revolution to maintain the principals this country was founded and built upon. And it wasn't done by your economic invader, 3rd world values types from wherever. Many are getting ready for it. Many are even looking forward to it. When your ilk has to take a vote a their political convention to see if they believe in God in their political platform, and the No vote's were the loudest and the obvious majority, they lit a fuse that will not go out.

Ted Paulk 1 year, 4 months ago

Mount your horses draw your swords!!! Revolution you call for and yet you claim to follow the constitution. NUT CASES!!!

Nancy Volz 1 year, 4 months ago

Why do I or people who "think like" me have to be confronted? Why can't we instead have some kind of civil discussion?! I mean, I don't really even understand what you're talking about in your message, Mr. Evans. Did I say I wanted my country to become a socialist meca (sic) salad bowl? No. Who is the "economic invader?" I think you mean President Barack Obama, but I could be wrong. What exactly is my "ilk?" I mean, not being a member of any political party, I don't have a convention. I assume - and I could be wrong - that you are upset as you are a good Christian person who only wants what he thinks is right for his country?

ALLAN SIMS 1 year, 4 months ago

Ms. Volz, There’s sure some harsh feelings around, but I’ve learned how to contend for a point of view without hating those different from me. And, I agree that hatred doesn’t get it done, at least until it comes to the last step, which is war. At that point, war requires a certain amount of it. Until then, I will reserve my feelings, but not my point of view.

You’ve asked a very valid question, when you want to know why you and others of your view should be confronted. And, based on my prior experience what has been posted here has been civil. And, I think it will remain so. No one has attacked you, though the comments could be considered pointed. You apparently haven’t been involved in uncivil exchanges, and you won’t in this arena. They do, as do I, attack the things you seem to stand for.

Those of your ilk consider abortion an OK, legal and desirable thing in most circumstances. Is that correct? Or, have you been wrongfully classified? Didn’t you classify yourself that way above?

Therefore, Mr. Branson is correct. Yes, you, who have no party are a member of the “party’ of ‘Independents’ who vote for a pro-death (Call it pro-abortion, or pro-choice—they all mean the same thing.) Why? That’s up to you, if you voted at all. But, what you stand for is a slap in the face of every conscientious Christian. Maybe you claim that title yourself. Many pro-death people do.

But, for the gov’t to force us to participate in insurance that requires what is so heinous to us, is despicable in our eyes. And, how did that come about? By ‘Independent’ people voting for what they think they were promised, forgetting the basis of all our freedoms.

You want this freedom, others want that one, or a free ride. Yet, when they vote that way, they not only take the freedom to refuse to participate in what we call murder from us, but they destroy the foundation of what all our freedoms are based. Both are very reprehensible to us. As the gentlemen above so correctly said, how then can you expect us to sit down and negotiate away even more than we’ve already lost? Our backs are against the wall. We can’t back up any further.

This is our Alamo, if we lose it, then we will be dead. And, well meaning folks like you, will have been the hand on the dagger in our backs. You see nothing wrong in how the election came out. You seem glad that we are forced to swallow what has been crammed down our throats. Is it so strange that some might express something more than the bland approach you desire?

Now, this is without hatred. Now, you have your civil discourse. Therefore, let me hear from you why you think as you do, and why you align yourselves with what we consider to be ‘raging liberals’. You are hereby invited into a discussion that you can lead if you choose. You pick it I will follow the lead, and respond as I see fit. But, I assure you, you do so at the risk of having to change your mind.

Best regards Allan

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 4 months ago

Ms. Volz, I will not propose to answer for Mr. Simms or Mr. Evans. But I must say that when you propose "If those who are anti-choice would come to the table and work out ways to change the conversation, it would help all of us.", it appears to be just more hyperboly. Ever since Roe v. wade, the two opposing sides of this issue have both struggled to find some "middle ground". Personally for myself, and many who feel as I do, there is no ability to accept the murder of the innocent unborn simply due to that conception being "inconvenient". You can call it "choice" or "a woman's right to choose" or whatever conscience soothing label one wants to put on it, it still equates to the murder of the most innocent amoungst us. Once we accept that as permissable, then there can be no other moral "line in the sand" which cannot be crossed. We have simply corrupted and expunged our humanity.

As to all those other things you mentioned that we should try, ie "holding free classes or seminars on sex or using contraception responsibly, rather than just talk about abstinence?" I'm 70 years old and even when I was in Jr. High school , those things were being taught and it seems with very little effect if one reads the current data. Like the issue with the dangers of smoking, one has to have been living under a rock for the last 50 years to not have heard all the cautions regarding that undertaking. It seems it is the same with our "reproductive abilities", and people simply choose to be irresponsible/reckless as a personal "choice". But in the case of abortion, it is not the one who made a "personal decision" to abuse "choice" that only suffers from that decision, an unborn child has it's life taken. Surely you cannot call that justice. I believe in a Holy and just God and I accept that He is in control of all things, but I must say I really struggle with why He is permitting this evil.

Nancy Volz 1 year, 4 months ago

"There’s...harsh feelings around, I’ve learned how to contend for a point of view without hating those different from me" Me, too - posing "what ifs" and so forth. No one wants to discuss, they just seem to want to make sure I knew that I was a raging liberal independent.
"Those of your ilk consider abortion an OK, legal and desirable thing in most circumstances. Is that correct?" No, it is NOT. Desirable?!! Why do you think an abortion is considered desirable by any woman?! If my ilk is someone who follows the law, a person's right to a legal, medical procedure, then that is my "ilk." Perhaps men don't "hear" the other side of women's issues. I mentioned teaching kids responsibility if having sex vs. abstinence. Kids aren't going to stop having sex, so can't we offer them the contraception they need, if they so choose? I can't see why that vs. bringing another unwanted baby in to this world is a wrong choice. None of it is a wrong choice - it is just a choice. If you get pregnant, - well, you're men, but you get my drift - and don't want an abortion, great! There is nothing better than that - for YOU. Mr. Hamric, you say "Personally for myself, and many who feel as I do, there is no ability to accept the murder of the innocent unborn simply due to that conception being "inconvenient" That's fine. If you don't have the capacity for accepting it, I get that. But still, it is legal. If someone wants an abortion, she should be able to do so. Until the law is reversed by the Supreme Court, it IS a choice. Mr. Simms said: "You see nothing wrong in how the election came out. You seem glad that we are forced to swallow what has been crammed down our throats. Is it so strange that some might express something more than the bland approach you desire?" Yes, it IS strange to me that there is such hatred spewed on these boards. I'll never get used to it. And, believe me, I see plenty wrong with how the election came out! I expect a less divisive, nasty, more adult - bland, if you will - approach. Why not? We are all citizens of the U.S. (Aren't we?) Maybe we don't care for how the votes came out for this race or that proposition. Trying to find middle ground just makes more sense. Mr. Simms said: "By ‘Independent’ people voting for what they think they were promised, forgetting the basis of all our freedoms." That is strange to me-there is nothing more like "freedom" than being an "independent!" We can't categorize every independent voter. One more quote: "No one has attacked you, though the comments could be considered pointed." LOL!!! Extremely pointed, if I may add. "You apparently haven’t been involved in uncivil exchanges, and you won’t in this arena." You and I have not been reading the same things apparently. : )

Moving along, gentlemen. You may have your boards to yourselves again. Thanks.

Ted Paulk 1 year, 4 months ago

Rest in peace you angry, ugly, old WHITE HATERS. And please do it soon. If America is so bad why don't you leave or better yet, drink the koolaid.

don evans 1 year, 4 months ago

Talk, talk, yakity yak, time to take the USA back. Time for assertive resistance. Down with the bourgois suedo intellectuals, the self centered political elites, the so called progressives/educators who have twisted the minds of our youth to accept their socialist globalist ideology agenda. Support diversity, by picking your weapons of choice. Be prepared and be all in.

ALLAN SIMS 1 year, 4 months ago

Ms. Volz, thanks for your thoughts.

Consider your statement that abortion is not desirable. Of course it isn’t, until the situation arises. Then, you have your choice, as you folks put it. To face a life supporting and caring for a child you don’t want, compared to a simple “legal, medical procedure” to be rid of it, I suggest that in that situation to most single women, and many married, abortion suddenly becomes the more desirable of those two choices, is that not correct? Then, your ‘ilk’ fit that mold, do they not? I think that is what you agreed to above?

I certainly agree with you that teaching abstinence is desirable. Statistics show teaching abstinence does have a large impact, resulting in far fewer pregnancies within the groups taught. And, I am not personally against the promotion of contraceptives, though I have many Catholic friends who are; and I support their objections.

You say “None of it is a wrong choice - it is just a choice”. I suggest to you that it is far more than a choice. It is the murder of an innocent child. Have you ever seen a video of an abortion? The child in the womb attempts to ward off the instrument that is trying to kill it. It is a heinous thing, to see a living being capable of attempting to defend itself, murdered by a sharp spear shaped instrument. The resulting death is terrible to see. If you ever watched such a film, you’d never call it “just a choice” again.

Yes, it is legal, but what a pitiful crutch to stand on, the result of a demise in our national morals.
As for hatred, you’ve apparently never even run into it, before. Mr. Hamic, nor I have expressed hatred towards you or anyone else here. We have expressed anger towards what you have participated in. There is a vast difference between the two. And, I suggest here, as I have in another post, tonight, that we all refrain from personal affronts, for that is the surest way to have the paper pull the entire forum, resulting in a loss of freedom of speech that none of us want to lose.

Are we all citizens? This government divides us, by class, by beliefs and by desires. All that is to make one group substandard before others. Have you ever read the history of Hitler’s Germany? He started the same thing, after his election. Remember what happened to the Jews?

I smiled reading your comment on the word ‘independent’. I view most independents as children told lies and believing them. Misguided, but still children.

I was speaking of the relative lack of civility in forums in general, not this one, which is extremely mild, and I hope it stays so. So the term “uncivil” is a relative thing.

It is rare to have discourse with a liberal thinking person who actually tries to understand. I invite you to continue, if you will; and have enjoyed the discussion. Your viewpoints are valuable, as are ours, and we all learn from decent exchange.

And, you are welcome.

Tim Branson 1 year, 4 months ago

After all the rhetoric and hyperbola, there is only one question to be asked. Is abortion the deliberate killing of a human being? If it is (and science proves it), then the law now says we can kill a whole segment of society without thought or compassion. If abortion is not the deliberate killing of a human being, then once again we have to ask, "What is it?" All other dialogue hinges on that one question because if people are not guaranteed the right to life then all other rights will become forfeit as well. And that is exactly what is happening.

Ronald Hamric 1 year, 4 months ago

As tragic as was last Friday's shootings in Sandy Hook, look at these stats and try to recall how often you see the outpouring of sympathy from progressive/socialists for these lives as those lost in Ct.

"Planned Parenthood affiliates nationwide did 332,278 surgical abortions or abortions using the dangerous RU 486 abortion during in 2009." Planned Parenthood Federation of America

Lets see. 26 innocent lives compaired to 332,278 innocent lives. Is my math all amiss or is that a really bid disparity?