This holiday season, make time to take a break from all the hustle and bustle and enjoy some great music. Starting today, Nov. 30, music of all kinds will be filling the Rim Country air.
The critically acclaimed Aleron Trio will present their charming virtuosity in a Tonto Community Concert program highlighting composers Beethoven, Schoenfield and more at the Payson High School Auditorium at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 30.
The Aleron Trio features Solenn Séguillon on violin; Anne Suda, cello; and Teresa Yu, piano.
Single tickets are $35 as available. Children and students under the age of 18 will be admitted free when accompanied by a ticket holding adult.
For more information visit the association Web site at www.tccarim.org or call (928) 478-4363 or (928) 474-4189.
The chamber music concert will conclude the 2012 half of the TCCA 2012-13 season.
The Spirit of Christmas will be presented at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., Sunday, Dec. 2 at the Payson High School Auditorium. The event features great music, a spectacular production and special guest David O’Neill.
Admission is free, but a donation of non-perishable food is requested.
Unity of Payson will present a concert by Mark Stanton Welch from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 5 at Messinger’s Community Room, 901 S. Westerly Road, Payson.
This will be an upbeat spiritual concert with guitar, keyboard, drum and voice.
Mark Welch is a musician, singer/songwriter, and educator. For more than 25 years his creations have touched and inspired the hearts, minds and spirits of audiences worldwide.
He served as music director at Unity Church in San Luis Obispo, Calif. for 15 years. He now travels internationally to provide his own workshops and concerts, as well as musical support for conferences and churches.
Welch has appeared on stage with Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Joan Borysenko, Wayne Dyer, Doreen Virtue, Don Miguel Ruiz and Sondra Ray.
The cost of the concert is $10 at the door and $5 for those 18 and younger. Tickets can be purchased at the Chamber of Commerce and Misfitz 260 Café in Payson. For more details, call (928) 478-8515.
Payson Choral Society
The always-popular Payson Choral Society Christmas concert comes to the Payson High School Auditorium on Saturday, Dec. 15. Performances of “Home for Christmas” are scheduled for 1 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Daria Mason directs the concert, with accompaniment by Victoria Harris.
Concert tickets are $10 at the door for adults, or $8 if purchased in advance. Children and students up to age 18 are admitted free.
Tickets may be purchased in advance from Choral Society members, the Rim Country Regional Chamber of Commerce, and at the Payson Public Library.
Proceeds from the concerts provide musical scholarships to middle school and high school students. These are awarded each year at the spring concert.
For added information, call John Landino (928) 468-0023
• Tuesday, Dec. 11 — Julia Randall Elementary concert, 6:30 p.m. at the Payson High School Auditorium. Due to limited seating, seats will be on a first come, first served basis.
For questions, call the JRE office at (928) 474-2353.
• Thursday, Dec. 13 — Rim Country Middle School Fall Band Concert. All RCMS bands and choral groups will perform in the Payson High School Auditorium at 6:30 p.m.
For questions, call the RCMS office at (928) 474-4511.
• Monday, Dec. 17 — Payson High School Winter Concert, 6:30 p.m. in the PHS Auditorium.
For questions, call the PHS office at (928) 474-2233.
• Tuesday, Dec. 18 — Payson Elementary School Winter Concert. The concert will have two seatings, one from 5 p.m. until 6 p.m. and the other from 6:30 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. Each performance will feature K-2 grades, but each seating will have different classes. The show will have all three grades sing together for the opening and closing acts.
The kindergartners will also perform with rhythm sticks, jingle bells and hand drums. The first-graders will use hand bells to accent their choral arrangements. The second-graders will play recorders with their singing.
For questions, call the PES office at (928) 474-5882.
• Wednesday, Dec. 19 — Pine-Strawberry Holiday Concert and Play. The pre-school through eighth grade classes will present a play and choral concert in the Pine-Strawberry gym at 6:30 p.m.
For more questions, call (928) 476-3283.