Rim residents interested in applying to own a Payson Area Habitat for Humanity home are asked to attend a series of workshops that start this week.
Application workshops for home ownership will be held at 6 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 8 and 22 and Sept. 5 at Payson United Methodist Church, 414 N. Easy Street, Payson. Applicants must meet the following pre-qualifications:
• The applicant and co-applicant must be living in substandard housing at the time of the filing of the application.
• Have lived in the Payson High School attendance area for 12 months.
• Mortgage signers need to have a steady income that is more than 30 percent but less than the 60 percent of the Gila County area medium income (call us if you’re not sure you qualify).
• Proof of lawful, permanent residency status or U.S. citizenship for each applicant and co-applicant.
• Have an acceptable background check.
• Have an acceptable credit rating and history.
• Be able to make regular no-interest mortgage payments around $500/month to include principal, taxes and insurance plus HOA fees.
• Grant permission for a home visit.
• Be willing to contribute 200-500 hours of sweat equity.
• Be able to pay move-in costs of up to $2,200.
• Be willing to participate in a Homeowners Association (HOA) and comply with Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions (CC&Rs).
All applications are valid for one year only.
Families of all sizes are encouraged to apply including seniors and individuals. Veterans are also encouraged to apply.
Applications may be picked up at the ReStore prior to the workshop at 103 E. Highway 260, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
Please bring your application packet and copies of the required documents to the workshop. For details, call (928) 474-0330.
EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: Payson Area Habitat for Humanity, Inc. is pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.
Please see the Web site for more information at www.paysonhabitat.com.